Ann Arbor, MI
Having a can-do attitude and a taste for challenge has brought me a lot of opportunities. In a small company, you can raise your hand and say, "I'll do that," and next thing you know, you're in charge.
A company I used to work for contracted with a vendor to parse their customer list once per year. I thought it a colossal waste of money and created a contacts database to better communicate with the customer base. They needed to register to automotive quality and environmental management system standards, and I led the project company-wide. It meant familiarizing myself with international QMS and EMS standards, setting up a timeline, creating documentation and new processes, training management and keeping it all on time and on budget. I launched the company's website and optimized it for SEO, learning HTML and CSS along the way.
Working in many different disciplines - Marketing and Sales, HR and Benefits, Quality, and IT - has provided me with a well-rounded knowledge of varying needs within an organization. Because I am a communicator, I see it as one of the main reasons I have been successful. Communicating is a process that involves not only disseminating information, but also taking it in and responding to it. From good communication comes collaboration, and with collaboration comes success.
- Proven ability to translate statistic and qualitative data (e.g., regulations) into effective, business-integrated solutions.
- More than 20 years of executive level experience in leading diverse company-wide initiatives: able to see a problem from multiple perspectives, and execute strategy throughout the organization.
- Communicates with a clear, concise and diplomatic style that promotes participation from all stakeholders to achieve the best possible results.
- Demonstrated history of effective project and change management that significantly improved company operations.
C.S. Mott and Von Voigtlander Women's Hospital , Ann Arbor, MI
Children and Women's Hospital, part of the University of Michigan Health System
Business Systems Analyst (2014 - )
Responsibility: Transform data into actionable information.
Renosol Corporation, Bay City, MI
Molded polyurethane component manufacturer
Corporate Development Manager (1996 - 2014)
Responsibilities: Achieve corporate management objectives managing IT, quality and environmental management programs, marketing, HR and benefits.
- Overhauled paper- and Excel- based marketing, HR, quality and accounting processes by developing company-wide, integrated, databases that centralized data, eliminated duplicate entry and improved data integrity. Improved productivity more than 75%.
- Led company to first-ever registration to international quality and environmental management system standards (ISO-9001, ISO-14001, ISO/TS-16949.) Researched requirements, translated into business objectives, created gap analyses and timelines, managed team assignments, designed and delivered training and user guides.
- Devised site analysis tool to determine optimal location for new manufacturing site based on shipping costs.
- Reduced payroll process time from 4 days to 4 hours, eliminated manual data entry and improved data accuracy by replacing manual tasks and multiple Excel workbooks with a database. The application automated data transfer from external payroll provider to internal accounting software and generated ad-hoc reports, including year-end benefit and workers compensation analyses that had represented additional manual data entry.
- Optimized sales quotation process with a database that calculated price based on cost and profit variables, reducing quotation turnaround from more than a week to less than minutes.
- Facilitated development of intranet-based HR management tool as consultant to IT.
- Created customer facing and intranet websites using CSS/HTML/asp.
- Initiated actions needed to meet regulatory changes, e.g., Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standard, Toxic Substances Control Act.)
Marketing Communications and Benefits Manager (1989-1996)
Responsibilities: Managed benefit programs for 300-employee workforce, $2M profit sharing. Developed all internal and external communications materials, managed events (e.g., trade shows).
- Facilitated evaluation of compensation structure with development of a wage benchmarking database. Improved benefit management process by creating a database to track eligibility and enrollment, dependents and premiums. Reduced administrative time 50%.
- Established database tools to measure customer satisfaction, handle sales inquiries, and measure inquiries generated from press and advertising efforts.
- Evaluated and selected benefit providers, led enrollment meetings and administered profit sharing, medical/dental and life insurance benefits. Delivered cost reduction while preserving and expanding benefit offerings.
- Introduced 401(k) and pre-tax medical spending programs.
- Authored and delivered company-wide training programs.
- Managed participation in industry events.
- Revamped communication materials.
University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ 2001 - 2005
Online University with students and instructors around the world
Online Instructor -- Database Concepts
Part time evenings and weekends. Taught online undergraduate courses in Critical Thinking and Database Concepts in an asynchronous online environment. Created syllabi, lectures and other learning materials; assigned, reviewed and graded coursework. Coached students. Given fast-paced 5-week environment and the amount of material to cover, turnaround time was critical.
MBA, Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, Michigan
Bachelor of Liberal Arts, Kalamazoo College, Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Employment and Benefits Law (Various providers: McGraw Wentworth 2011, Keye 2008)
- Environmental Management Systems (Earth Tech 2004)
- Lean Manufacturing (MMTC 2006)
- Lead auditor, ISO/TS-16969 quality management systems (Plexus 2006)
MSAccess (Numerous database applications utilize ODBC connections to SQL and Oracle back-end data), MSExcel, MSWord, MSPowerPoint, Minitab, Hyperion Interactive Reporting Studio, Adobe Acrobat, MSProject, WordPress, HTML, CSS, pursuing SQL MCSA certification.
Currently studying SQL, MySQL, php, Drupal, Tableau